CDB process exited with the error code -1073741502

Jun 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Hello Everyone,

first post and am a bit of a noob with powerdbg (but am seriously loving it, i have used windbg for years so automating debugging is pretty fun).

I am seeing some inconsistent behaviour when i am using powerdbg. when i open a powershell console, periodically when i attempt to execute my powerdbg scripts i get the following error returned:

CDB process exited with error code -1073741502
At C:\Users\sbanks\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerDbg\PowerDbg.psm1:144 char:14
+         throw <<<<  "CDB process exited with error code $($SCRIPT:windbgProcess.ExitCode)"
    + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (CDB process exi...ode -1073741502:String) [], RuntimeException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CDB process exited with error code -1073741502

sometimes if i rerun the script it works, but more often than not i need to launch a new powershell in order to run my script.

Is there something i am not doing that is causing this error? or if anyone has encountered this what have they done to work around it? i am considering maybe putting in some conditional logic to launch a new powershell when this occurs but before i do that just wanted to see if others have this issue